What is user training?
The University Library organises training sessions for the University Community and Friends of the Library.
The purpose of these sessions is to:
- Inform about the use of library services and information resources.
- Enable users to use the library without assistance.
What sessions are offered?
This training is for new students. The time is arranged with the different faculties so that students can become familiar with the library facilities, services and resources. Duration: 1 hour.
- SESSIONS PROGRAMMED BY THE LIBRARY
Every year, training sessions are organised for individual users. A calendar showing these programmed sessions is published on a regular basis.
- Learn one´s way round the Library: Resources and Services. Information is mainly directed to new students who did not attend the opening sessions and new users. The aim is to offer information about the library resources and services and make users familiar with the building and facilities.
- Refworks: Bibliographical references manager that makes it possible to organise and manage one?s personal bibliography. They are mainly directed to researchers. These sessions focus on teaching users how to use Refworks.
- Océano (E-resources). For Lecturers, researchers and students completing the last courses of their degrees. Introductory sessions on e-resources as well as specific resources will be held.
Programme and calendar for training sessions:
Form for programmed Library user training sessions:
Training sessions mainly requested by Lecturers, directed to specific groups of users. Sessions on information resources available in the library or on a specific subject can also be organised.
Form for training sessions on request: